Conversion Optimization for WordPress Sites
Software development, the model-driven way
- This is what I do best: The procastination flowchart
- Crazy ideas that work: Kinder egg surprise videos
- CSS Killswitch - (funny) strategy to deal with bad clients for web designers
- Revamp your website design once a year
- Fake clients - "Thanks for the quote. Now I know what to quote my client"
- RR: Is startup validation bullshit?
- A post got 20.000 visits and 1700 votes in reddit. The same post got 2 votes and 50 visits in Dzone. WTF?
- Verify the bus factor in ALL areas of your startup
Category Archives: marketing
Once again, it’s not about adding one more feature to your product and, in most cases, it’s not even a price issue, it’s “just” about presenting it in a way that makes people want it (but don’t forget that marketing … Continue reading
We all dream our new software product / service to make the front page of Hacker News. Even if most of us are (or should be) aware that, most likely, the long term impact of this achievement will be quite … Continue reading
Yes, I know, I should have paid more attention to the way I was spending my money on Google AdWords but when you’re a one man band it’s difficult to be everywhere (fortunately, we are now four people so beyond … Continue reading
An impulse purchase or impulse buying is an unplanned decision to buy a product or service, made just before a purchase (Wikipedia). So basically, impulse buyers are people that decide to purchase your product / service without carefully evaluating whether … Continue reading
I believe revisiting and revamping your website design once a year is a necessary evil. Your webiste is the first impression visitors will get of your business. And website design is like clothing fashion, there are new trends every year … Continue reading
The last couple of weeks I noticed a steep increase in the daily visits to my SW modeling research site. A closer look revealed that the increase was due to Google showing me some love. As you can see in … Continue reading